Preparation Time: 5 minutes Serves: 4 servings
Main Pineapple Juice Recipe
- Pineapple: 1 whole regular size
- Cold water: 4 cups
- Sugar (optional): ¼ cup or 2 tablespoons
- Black pepper (optional): 1 pinch
- Salt (optional): to taste
- Lime juice: From 1 medium lime
- Ice cubes: 8-10 cubes
- After peeling and coring, cut the pineapple into medium chunks.
- You can add more sugar or skip it all depending on your preference and ripeness of the pineapple.
- Working in batches put all ingredients into a blender. the pineapple chunks with the water, sugar and lime juice in the blender, and blend well.
- Strain the pineapple juice and pour it into your favorite glasses.
- Garnish it with a mint leaf or a thin slice of pineapple
Tips and variations
Canned pineapples can be used but fresh is preferable.
Chill pineapple cubes before using.
Also use cold water
If you do not like pulp, strain the juice into glasses. However, there isn’t much pulp in this recipe of pineapple juice only some stingy fiber parts.
While selecting pineapples go for the golden yellow to brown ones as they are ripe and naturally sweet. avoid the green ones.